Monday, May 18, 2009

The Coffee Cup

Dear Seed Sower Deb,

You asked about my dad. This morning I'm home with him. His heart is getting weaker and weaker but he is still able to crack a joke.

I always make coffee when he stays home and this morning I took him another cup. Usually I take him a small delicate cup, but this one was heavier. He needs the exercise! Of course he lays down and drinks his coffee because he is weak. I poured him a refill and he said, "This is the height of laziness." He meant, laying in bed drinking coffee.

He keeps asking me if his brain is ok? He's worried about becoming demented. I assure him he's still all there. This has been a serious learning experience being at home with my dad who is 87. I've learned a lot.

He is always thankful for every little thing and rarely complains. One thing I've noticed is that he is able to discern whenever he is anxious about something. He knows and understands whether or not something is a matter that you should get upset about. He says, "my nerves are bad, I get upset over something I shouldn't get upset over."

This reminded me of Phil 4:6 "Be careful (anxious)for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

For those of you out there with older parents...appreciate their wisdom....and love their life....that all may go well with you and you will live a long life. Cinderella Released...from ashes to beauty. cinderella.eyeofthestorm@gmail.com

1 comment:

Beverlydru said...

Dear Cinderella, I am so interested in this ministry! Are you the author of all the posts here? I see there are other speakers too, so I'm just figuring this all out. So delighted to find you. My personal blog is beverlydru.blogspot.com

Hugs and blessings to you.