Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Today, I want us to deal with thoughts of uncertainty.
"What's going to happen in the world?" "What's going to happen in the economy?" "How's this going to affect my finances?" "I don't know what I'm going to do."
These thoughts of uncertainty in an unstable world must be dealt with.
The devil wants you uncertain and afraid. The world's system of news, government, and business wants people in uncertainty and fear to make us dependent upon it.
In Genesis 26, there arose a great famine in the land. The first thing that God told Isaac was: DO NOT GO DOWN TO EGYPT.
"Egypt" represents the world's system apart from God. As long as we depend on this world's system, we will be uncertain and insecure in trying times.
Thinking that things will be ok if the "economy" turns around will breed uncertainty as well. We must not depend on this world's "economy." Listen to the original meaning of this word: "rules of the house."
Well, we're not playing by the rules of the world's house. We're playing by the rules of God's House! When we do, we will have absolute certainty and assurance.
Let's revolutionize our thinking and fast from thoughts of uncertainty:
Renew your mind to God's system of doing things— the kingdom of God means: His government, economy, system, rules of the house! Mark 4:26 says, "The Kingdom (system, rules of the house) of God is like a man who casts seed into the ground." Live by the system of sowing and reaping.
Realize that you can determine your future by the seeds you sow. Sow faith seeds. Sow word seeds. Sow praise seeds. Sow financial seeds. As you do, assurance and confidence will fill your heart.
Expect God to lead you by the Holy Spirit. John 16:13 says the Spirit of Truth will reveal to you the things to come. Just as God showed Joseph that famine would come; just as He showed the Magi to go a different way because Herod would try to kill them in Matthew 2:1-12; He will show you as well.
God is no respecter of persons. What He did for others, He will do for you. You must fill your mind with this truth; and expect Him to lead you. (Acts 10: 34, 35; Eph. 6: 9; Col. 3: 25; I Pet. 1: 17)
You can be certain that He called you and chosen you, therefore you will not stumble. (2 Peter 1:10) Tell yourself that.
Pray in the Holy Spirit. When we don't know what to pray, the Spirit helps our weaknesses and prays for us in our inner man, as we yield to His language. Romans 8:26 tells us praying in the Spirit means praying the Word, praying with praise, and praying with the beautiful gift of tongues. Look at this awesome verse in the Message Translation: Romans 8:26-28 says, "Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good."
Think it & Say It:
I can be certain in uncertain times. I am not connected the economy of this world—the rules of their house. I am connected to God's economy—the rules of His house. I live by the system of sowing and reaping. I can be certain about the future by sowing the seeds of God's Word.
I am led by the Spirit of God. He will reveal to me the things to come, so I can prepare accordingly; and be victorious no matter what comes. Just as He led men and women in Scripture, He will lead me, since He is no respecter of persons.
I am called and chosen by God and therefore I will not stumble. When I don't know what to do, I will trust the Holy Spirit and allow Him to pray through me—bringing me into the perfect will of God no matter what is going on in this world, in Jesus' Name!
In His great Love,
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
It Does Make You Feel Good!
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail from a great friend.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake (your favorite flavor).
12. A bubble bath.
15. The beach.
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you
19. Phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS
24. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
25. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
26. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
27. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
28. Playing with a new puppy.
29. Having someone play with your hair.
30. Sweet dreams.
31. Hot chocolate.
32. Road trips with friends.
33. Swinging on swings with someone you love.
34. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
35. Making chocolate chip cookies.
36. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
37. Holding hands with someone you care about.
38. Running into an old friend and realizing that love and friendship never change.
39. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.
40. Watching the sun rise.
41. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
42. Knowing that somebody misses you.
43. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
44. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.
Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth
Friday, October 10, 2008
We are now taking reservations for Joy Recovery Group Classes beginning Friday evening November 14th at Gander Mountain in Lake Mary, Florida. Coffee at 6:30 p.m. Session begins promptly at 7:00.
Need more joy and less stress? This group is for you! Both men and women welcome. Come have a happy hour with us!
Class is 90 minutes per week and begins Friday, November 14th. Come to the meeting room at Gander Mountain 3750 Flagg Lane Lake Mary, FL 32746.
2nd Meeting Location to be announced.
The Monday evening Altamonte Springs/Maitland area meeting location will be announced soon. We are looking for meeting space.
If you are interested call today and reserve your spot! For more information please contact Marlene Hoenig, Class Instructor - 407-272-7797.
This is an anonymous Christian faith based support group sponsored in part by Eye of the Storm Ministries, Inc. We are not a member of any particular program, group or denomination and welcome all. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eye of the Storm Ministries, Inc.